Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rise and Shine

Not quite sunrise but still a Carolina morning
I've been trying to get up earlier for a while now, just to be more prepared for the day instead of running out the door grabbing an apple off the counter on the way to work. Yesterday was my first successful day :S I'll be honest when it comes to getting up "just five more minutes" is my plea! But that five minutes turns into 25 minutes and then I'm scrambling to get ready, pushing my devo's off to a later time in the day, and not exercising at all (I don't do it because I love it, it just makes me feel better to know I did)
This morning Dad sent me a text message to make sure I was up and you know the first thing I thought of?

"Rise and Shine and give God the glory, glory
Rise and shine and give God the glory, glory
Rise and Shine and
Give God the glory, glory children of the Lord!"

I don't know about you but I love this song. I tried looking up a history on this song(you never know what you can find) there wasn't one but I found all the verses to it, which I had forgotten about. I tried to post a link to the website that the lyrics were on... I think I got it on here :S
The point is that I am always amazed how God gives me a song in the morning if I will take the time to stop and listen.

1 comment: