Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I wasn’t really planning on doing a post today because I haven’t really had extra time to spend on blogging recently, but I found myself next to the computer with time to spare just now! Guess I’ll Blog!!!

The past several days I’ve been reading emails and different blogs when I had some spare time and there have been a couple that have just been an extra special blessing. I don’t know if you’ll be interested at all in them but I wanted to share some of them with you. Maybe you can grab a cup of coffee and read some of this as you have time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lockhart Life in Brazil - Thoughts on a Missionary Wife

Esther once was my piano teacher when she was first married to Jeremy. It has been neat to see their family grow and follow the Lord’s leading to Brazil. She just posted something another lady wrote about being a missionary wife but I thought it could also apply to any wife who’s husband is in the ministry.  It was a good reminder that these are just women, they don’t have super powers just because they have chosen to live on the mission field.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Home is a House Full of Love - 12 Keys to your Husbands Heart

Mrs. Lockhart was my Sunday School teacher when I was twelve. She has been a godly example and influence on my life and she continues to do so through her blog. I’m not married yet but Mrs. Lockhart shares things all the time about raising your children for the glory of the Lord among jokes, scripture, pictures of the grandkids, coupons and savings. This post is another way she encourages her readers to hold the heart of their husbands.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Random Issues - Homemade Laundry Detergent

Andrea is my soon to be Sister-In-Law who lives in Brooklyn, New York with her husband and little girl. Andrea is an encouragement to me in many ways. She finds ways to make her house an organized and inviting home on a budget and even applies a lot of everyday things to scripture. I must confess after reading her post this morning about Laundry Detergent I felt like crying. I find myself desiring what everyone else has and not being content with what the Lord has given me to work with.

“”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

There are several more things that I was planning on posting but because of time I’ll have to save them for later. But I want to thank those, whether I mentioned you today or not, who are trying to live for the Lord. You have been an encouragement to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment