Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

With our wedding just around the corner (113 days, 21 hours, 17 minutes and an odd number of seconds to be exact… but who’s counting right?) and weekly marriage counseling I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about, and praising the Lord for a Godly heritage. But not just for mine, I am EXTREMELY thankful for the family/ heritage I am marrying into!

Today I was reading Mom Godby’s blog: Apple Slices of Our Life, she did a wonderful piece about Grandpa Paul for his birthday and shared a little about his life, salvation and how he continues to walk with the Lord daily and share that walk with others, even the hearing impaired! You can read what she wrote here I promise you will enjoy it! I have to say as I was reading it I thought about the song “I have never lost the wonder of it all!”

I can’t say that I know everything about my future family but I do know that they love the Lord and strive to serve Him with their lives, they also encourage us to do the same. It is a blessing to know that Kenny’s parents and grandparents pray for us on a regular basis.

I stole, borrowed some pictures from their blogs to show everyone what they look like.

 

Kenny and GramsThis is Kenny and Grams Godby, Gramps went on to be with the Lord back in August but I had the opportunity to meet him and Grams at the Godby Family reunion in June.

Grandpa and Grandma Paul

This is Grandpa and Grandma Paul, Kenny and I got to see them when we went to CO around Christmas.

 

 

Dad and Mom Godby 

This is Wally and Sherry Godby at his surprise birthday party in December.

What kind of heritage do you have? Better yet what kind are you leaving behind? The second is what I’ve been asking myself a lot recently… just some food for thought!

1 comment:

  1. I just keep saying this, but you are so sweet! Welcome to our family, I know we are already blessed by you!

    ReplyDelete