Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Random Information, Invitations and Recipes

I feel like everything I say right now is “Oh yeah, by the way…” I already had a post set up to go out this morning and then last night I found/did a couple of things I wanted to share so here’s for post #2 today :)

True Love Invitation

Last night Mom and I ordered our wedding Invitations! YAY!!!!! I wanted to share this because not only do I really like the ones I got but I got a pretty good deal on them too.

If anyone is reading this that needs to order invites of any kind in the near future check out Invitations by Dawn right now thru March 11, 2011 they are offering 15% off your entire order with the promotion code: semimar

I saved $26.00 on my order which more than paid for the shipping (you can get free shipping if your order is $175. or more, which mine wasn’t)

The other thing I wanted to share was a website I found. $5 Dinners – If your like me, constantly looking for a new, good, in-expensive recipe’, this just might be a sight you should check out. I’ll be honest and say its not my favorite layout for a recipe’ website. However, I do like the fact that they list the cost of each item(and give you coupons for different items) in the recipe’.

Probably my favorite recipe’ website is allrecipes.com I have this one on my iPod, you can say what your looking for, give them what ingredient you have on hand and want to use and choose your cooking time. For instance, Last night I wanted something quick and easy but different. I put in “Main Coarse” for the dish, “Chicken” for my ingredient and “20 minutes or less” cooktime. It came up with Romano Chicken! We all loved it, it was very good and with prep and cook time it took about 30 minutes from start to finish.

Here’s the recipe’ just in case you’d like to give it a try:

Romano Chicken Recipe

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
  • 1/4 pound Swiss cheese, sliced – I didn’t actually measure this and the ham, I did one slice of cheese and two slices of meat per chicken breast.
  • 1/4 pound ham, sliced thin
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
Directions
  1. Place chicken breasts on a pan. Place Swiss cheese and ham slices on top and roll up, securing with toothpicks if necessary.
  2. In a small bowl combine the Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic salt, tarragon, basil and bread crumbs. Mix together and dip rollups in mixture to coat.
  3. Drizzle with melted butter and cook on High in microwave for 4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. – This took 8 minutes in our microwave.

I didn’t have ham, Swiss cheese or Tarragon. What I did instead was Roast beef slices, Provolone cheese in two of them and Mozzarella cheese in the other three, and left out the Tarragon and it turned out just fine, so its an adaptable recipe’ as well.

I hope you’ll check some of these things out for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment