Friday, July 15, 2011

Thankful Friday – The Proverbs 31 Woman

I know its not Thursday but the internet at work was down so I couldn’t send it out. But I hope you get a blessing from it no matter what day its on :)

I was looking online for some new ideas of what I could do for my personal devotions, I like to have a guide or a book to follow to keep me on track, and I stumbled across Revive Our Hearts – The Counter Cultural Woman. I had seen this series before and thought it sounded interesting so I decided to give it a try.

Before I go on I have to say that I don’t particularly like that fact that she uses every version of the Bible under the blue moon but I do appreciate her heart for God and that she really wants to help encourage women to live a Godly, Christ-honoring life.

For my Bible reading I’m taking the 31 day challenge to read Proverbs 31 every day. Its been really neat to see the things I’ve found in my own reading of this passage but what I want to share with you all is what Nancy, Revive Our Heart’s speaker, had to say.

Today she was giving an over view of the Virtuous Woman. Yes, she sews, she cooks, she has her own business but the heart throb behind all of her “works” is her love for God and her desire to please Him above all others. I really had to question myself about the motives I have for doing things.

Am I wanting glory and honor for God or for myself?

(ouch) This was a real burn as I thought “Are the things I do so that Kenny will be proud and praise his new wifey? or because I want to please God whether Kenny, and others, notice or not?”

Going back to the Virtuous Woman, she received her husband and children’s praise at the end of the chapter but how much better to receive the praise of our heavenly Father for work well done that brought honor to His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment