Thursday, October 24, 2013

My Worst Enemy

Who’s my Enemy?

A lot of times we think that because someone is mean to us that makes them our enemy. Maybe a teacher is being unfair, or gave you a bad grade. Maybe your parent came down hard on you for doing something or accused you wrongly. Maybe your spouse said something hurtful or wasn’t as nice as he/she could have been. Does that make them our enemy?

I made a Facebook announcement that my Hubby had accidentally deleted something on our computer that was needed to make my blog writing program work… “It was an accident. I mean, he didn’t intentionally do that to keep me from blogging… right?” This is just the beginning of a thought process that leads straight to me making him, my one true love, an enemy in my mind.

Why am I telling you this? Because it is so easy to forget who our real enemy is. This morning I was reading in Psalm 119 (quickly becoming my favorite passage) and I was struck by this verse:

Thou through the commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.”

Psalm 119:98

“For they are ever with me.” triggered this thought in my journal - “Often my enemies are my own thoughts and fleshly actions. I need to learn God’s Word, to keep it with me, so I will then learn to recognize the true enemy and fight him instead of those I love.” After writing this I remembered something I had read a while back in a book titled “A Worthy Model – God’s Pattern for Women” by Wendy Burks

“It is when I am not walking in the Spirit, having God’s power on my life, that Satan is able to bring the battle right into my home and deceive me into thinking that my husband is the enemy or my children are the enemy; when in reality, HE IS THE ENEMY!”

The point is that the sooner I figure out who my real enemy is and stop attacking the people around me the better off I’ll be, not to mention those being attacked!

Kenny worked tirelessly into the wee hours of the morning to get the problem on our computer fixed. This included backing up all the files on our computer, deleting everything and re-downloading windows7 along with my writing program to get it working again. “He does love me!”

Remember who your worst enemy is.

 

I’ll be back tomorrow to continue the Living Unashamed mini series. Hope you’ll come back to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, good reminder!! It took me a long time to realize I set the "mood" for my day often while in the shower...where those unchecked thoughts formed my thinking and therefore my actions!! And isn't Kenny good??

    ReplyDelete