It has just been happening by accident that I’ve posted a special blessing on Thursdays and today is no different. I don’t know that I’ll always post some thankfulness on Thursday but for today the title just seemed to fit.
This is the Top Seven things I am Thankful for at this moment in my life.
- My Heavenly Father – He guides, protects, supplies, and corrects me and it is all done out of a love that I fail to understand and comprehend. Here recently my Dad has been in the hospital because of a serious infection in his foot. I know that the Lord is in total control, He hasn’t forgotten our family or what is going on in our lives. Because I have a Father in Heaven, I have comfort that everything will work out to the glory of God.
- My Parents – They are not just my parents but also my best friends. I am thankful for the Godly heritage I have from them and I hope to raise my children to the glory of God as my parents have done. There is a song that says it best “I may not have riches as some others may, but I have a mother who knows how to pray. And there may be some things I missed in my youth, but I have a Father who stands for the truth! I have a goodly heritage, I am blessed with things you can’t see. I have a goodly heritage, and that is worth far more to me."
- My Family – I was raised in a Christian Family that encourages each other to serve the Lord whether in full time Christian service or as a layman in a church. My Aunt and Uncle started a church in Kansas and have been there for at least 20 years. My cousin Abby and her new hubby are proud supporters of her parents church in KS. Her brother Ben and his wife are at BJU studying the Bible (the last I heard) in order to be missionaries someday, they also are helping a church in Linville Falls. My older sister Missy and her husband are currently in Missions Training at NTBI in Canada with the hopes of someday going to Papua New Guinea to translate the Bible into tribal languages. My brother Stephen and his wife work with the music and youth at Calvary Baptist Church as well as working in the area. All of this stems from grandparents who brought up their children, and grandchildren, and great-grandchildren to love and serve the Lord.
- My Future Hubby – You didn’t really expect me to get too far without at least mentioning Kenny, did you? :) I have been praying about/for Kenny for almost 3 years now asking the Lord to bring him the right woman to be his helpmeet, even if that meant it wasn’t going to be me. But, as Dawn said a couple weeks ago; “God gets the glory and I get to glow” because I get to be the lucky girl who spends the rest of her life with Kenny Godby and I couldn’t be more excited about it!
- My Job – How many people can say that God worked out the perfect job just for them? I can! During my last year of Cosmetology school I started getting bad headaches from the chemicals and thought maybe I wouldn’t be able to continue in that profession. About 2-3 weeks before graduation I started looking for a “haircuts only” position in a salon somewhere when a guy named Jeff called my school looking for someone getting ready to graduate who was looking for a “haircuts only” kind of job. (yes he said those exact words) I have been working for Jeff and Lisa for the past 4 1/2 years and I have loved (almost, wink wink) every minute of it!
- My Church – I really have 3 churches that I could at any moment call my home church. Maranatha Baptist, the church I grew up in, got saved and baptized in and will soon be getting married in. Glory Baptist, the church that helped me break out of my shell and learn to serve, they also taught me a lot about helping each other and praying for one another. And lastly but not least, Emmanuel Baptist, I’ve only been there a little over a month now but they have welcomed me into their church family and I have already learned a lot from each person.
- Our Youth Group – Brock, Emily, Dakota, Elizabeth, Demi, Mason and Mikaela. (I don’t want to hear “Ms Becky why is Brock first on the list?” Because your names are not put in any order of importance.) With that said I think we have the best youth group around and I enjoy being with each one of them.
I could keep going but if I’m actually going to get this posted on Thursday I had better stop there. With Thanksgiving just around the corner (seriously its next week) What are you thankful for?
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson