Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday – News and Views

This is just going to be a quick update on our week since I’ve been bad and haven’t posted anything since last Thursday. Opps

Friday : I went with 3 of my bridesmaids to David’s Bridal to pick out their dresses for the wedding. We all had a really great time together, I wish Missy could have been here to go with us. I had decided to let each girl pick out the style she wanted as long as it came in the right color, two of them ended up picking the same dress :) as long as they’re happy that's all that matters.

Kenny came down that evening to ref a basketball game at ABC and to watch a movie at  the Spencer’s house. So it was nice to spend some time with him and with close friends.

Sunday: The morning service went very well, every Sunday we have some new visitors which is very. We have recently been getting ready for our Christmas Cantata on December 5th. The church, from what they tell me, has never tried to do a cantata so they seem excited/nervous/anxious about it. I’ve never done anything like this before either. God has really been stretching me since coming to Emmanuel Baptist Church and I’m loving it!

Monday: Dad came home from the hospital! YAY!!!!! He has to be on medication via intervenes for the next 6 weeks which will keep him, as his Home Care nurse put it, “home bound.” You can imagine how much Dad is going to enjoy that! (sarcasm)

 

Events Coming Up:

  • Kenny and I are going to my Grandma’s house for Thanksgiving after he plays in ABC’s Turkey Bowl on Thursday.
  • 12 days until EBC’s Christmas Cantata
  • 2 1/2 weeks until Kenny and I go to Colorado to visit his family. [{(very excited)}]
  • 1 month until Christmas
  • 6 months, 1 week and 4 days until Our Wedding! [{(excited again!)}]

The Bible says to number our days… some of us are just more literal with that interpretation. Sorry I didn’t include any pictures today, I have lots to show as I’ll be sharing some of my families traditions leading up to Christmas.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment