Monday, January 10, 2011

Fun Stuff

This morning I woke up to a winter wonderland, and not just on my blog. So I’m sitting at home (I love living in an area where everything shuts down for snow!) blogging about our weekend. First, this is downtown Forest City todaySnow

Friday, Kenny and I went to Concord Mills Mall so he could get some things from Bass Pro ©. As we were walking around Kenny spotted a Lego Store ©! We went in just to look around and ended up sitting down at one of the tables to build something. :) Anytime we start doing something “kiddish” Kenny and I look at each other and say something along these lines; “This is why we’re in youth ministry, so we can still play with toys and no one thinks anything of it!”

Lego Store 003 How do you like our Groom and Bride?

Saturday after I got off work Mom and I worked on cleaning and taking down the Christmas decorations that evening I started working on some things for church.

Ninja PointsOur youth group gets “Ninja Points” for bringing their Bibles, handing out tracts, doing devotions, bringing a friend to church or a youth activity, and other such stuff. We break the year down into 4 month sections and Emily won the last section (that’s why she has a star next to her name). In this picture, left to right: Elizabeth playing with her hair, Dakota peeking out from behind the wall, Brock looking over the top of the wall, and Emily throwing Ninja stars at the boys. I had a lot of fun with this project.

Sunday I was supposed to start teaching the children’s Sunday School class every other Sunday but I was sick and the weather was bad but I’m looking forward to getting back into children’s ministry!

That pretty much wraps up our weekend. I hope you had a great weekend yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment