Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Year in Reveiw

Last week I started Blogging about Blogs because I like to learn about other blogs that I might be interested in following and thought maybe you would too… maybe not but I’m enjoying doing this anyways!

This week I was reading Casual Blogger Caroline, the writer for Casual Blogger, also blogs about blogs, and does “Good News Minute” on Sunday mornings where anyone can post some good news they want to share on her Blog. She did this survey about herself on her blog for “All about me Monday” I thought it would be fun to do this myself so these are my answers to the questions not hers.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

I did a lot this year that I’ve never done, I went to Africa and Colorado, two places I’d never been before and I’ve eaten more weird things that I can mention! I also got to go to a Broadway Musical – I guess that’s what you call it -


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don’t even remember making any resolutions last year, so…. I’m thinking the answer to this one is a no! I made the resolutions to read more, serve more, and get more organized. So far the organization one is going well!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes my friend Lara had a beautiful little girl this year and then two ladies I work with also had little girls…. Oh! and my sister-in-law Jessica had a little girl as well! she just started crawling on Christmas Eve so we all got to watch her!


4. Did anyone close to you die?

Well, I wasn’t so close to her necessarily other than the fact that I know she prayed for me as a student in her husbands classes. Mrs. Childs, AKA: Tiger. She passed away just before Christmas to be with the Savior she loved so dearly. 


5. What countries did you visit?

Ghana, West Africa!


6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

A Husband! That will happen June 4th for those of you who didn’t know!


7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

May 7th – The day my work threw me a party because I was finally done with school but they were going to miss me because I was moving to the new Barbershop instead of staying with them.

July 22nd – The day we got to Africa.

September 3rd – The day Kenny proposed.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Paying off my car was pretty big!

9. What was your biggest failure? 

Almost not being allowed to travel with the Ensemble for spring tour because of having too many demerits :( I’m so glad Doc took the time to reprimand me and give me a second chance even when I didn’t deserve it.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I’ve always been pretty fortunate in the health area except for some minor back troubles because of my job I can’t think of anything.

11. What was the best thing you bought? 

My ipod touch, I bought it during the after Christmas sales but technically still in 2010! I’ve been able to get so many things done a lot faster and more efficiently with it. 


12. Where did most of your money go? 

Bills and Walmart…. I hate walmart. 


13. What did you get really excited about? 

Getting engaged, the musical and going to Africa are at the very top of my list.


14. What song will always remind you of 2010? 

What Wondrous Love Is This. I learned to play this song on the hand bells and my melodica while in Africa. 


15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

  • happier or sadder? Happier.
  • thinner or fatter? No change.
  • richer or poorer? Richer but not financially, more in family, friends and experiances 

16. What do you wish you’d done more of? 

Taken more pictures, made more out of the everyday things 


17. What do you wish you’d done less of? 

Less being lazy and procrastinating. 


18. How did you spend Christmas? 

Kenny and I had two Christmas’ that were both special, we spent the week before Christmas with his parents in CO and had a great time and then we spent real Christmas with my family. I learned a lot about him being home in CO and hopefully he enjoyed my family as much as I did his. 

19. What was your favorite TV program? 

I try not to watch a lot of TV because I already don’t have enough time in my day but I do enjoy watching CHUCK, He is a civilian spy for the CIA its hilarious!

20. What were your favorite books of the year? 

The Three Mrs. Judson's – its about Adiniram Judson’s three wives that he had during his ministry. You very rarely get a good look at the missionaries wife, this book includes some of their diary entries so you can see where they struggled with everyday life just like we do. Sometimes I think we lift these people up like they never had doubts about going to the mission field or troubles once they got there I guess that’s why I like this one so much.

21. What was your favorite music from this year? 

Kenny is always listening to sound tracks from different movies I really like “The Man From Snowy River” after falling in love with the music I got to see the film while we were in CO and loved it as well!

22. What were your favorite films of the year? 

The Princess and the Pea – Disney

The Man From Snowy River

Knight and Day 


23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 23, we were in Arkansas on the way to my cousins wedding and spent that particular day going to flea markets and thrift stores (which I love doing!) I also got my first free birthday Starbucks coffee! 


24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? 

I can’t say that I would change much other than my attitude about certain situations which would have made things go smoother. I had a pretty good year as a whole!

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? 

I just like to be comfortable, defiantly jeans and a nice shirt are my “Go To” outfit of choice. I typically don’t wear a lot of jewelry as a matter of fact I’m wearing the necklace that Kenny got me for Christmas and I have been since he gave it to me :)

26. What kept you sane? 

My parents keep my feet on the ground and Kenny always has my back.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. 

To trust in the Lord and give Him glory for everything! He knows my needs and He cares about my wants too.

No comments:

Post a Comment