Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just Because

I don’t really have anything important to write about today I just really like my new blog layout :s is that silly?

The temperature here in NC has been so nice lately I keep forgetting that its still February! I just hope that when it cools off this weekend it doesn’t completely kill all of the buds that have started coming out, I just want the pollen/allergy causing stuff to die.

Spring projects… that might get blogged about :)

  • Cleaning out the flower beds, I’d like to get some of this done before the weeds come back in full force!
  • Organizing the music files at the church. Kenny has done well with this already but still has a lot of music in tubs on the office floor, with that said anyone know where we could find an in-expensive filing cabinet? Book shelves would be another nice addition to his office.
  • Yard sale-ing – I’m not going to have one of my own but I really enjoy going to look at them :) I claim the motto: “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”
  • Start packing things up to take to Kenny’s. I’ll be starting with decor (lamps and pictures and such), paper work, kitchen and living items that are currently in the attic and books. Once the warm weather is here to stay I might start working on the winter part of my closet :s Look out Kenny, here she comes!
  • The wedding guest book. My cousin scrapbooked her own guest book, it was really cute. For mine I’m planning on having extra space where people can leave advice and comments with their names. I thought it would be more fun to look back at in the years to come.
  • Flower girl basket and ring pillow
  • Wedding veil, I’ve decided to make my own, how hard could it be? To be honest my sister is going to be aiding in this project since she is more crafty in the sewing arena.
  • Address and mail invites… maybe I’ll invite a couple people over and have an invite addressing party! Anyone interested? (sarcasm)

Well I’ve made myself sound like a really crafty person with some of my upcoming projects, but don’t worry they’re really simple and as long as I don’t wait until the last to do them it should be a lot of fun too!

Does anyone else have a project list for this spring?

3 comments:

  1. I like your new design too. :) Thanks for all of the nice comments you write on my blog. I'm looking forward to all of your upcoming project posts, and make sure you post pictures of your house when you get it all set. :) I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are bringing you a four drawer file cabinet. Can you wait until June? I don't suppose you'll feel like filing then though! And yes I have a few projects, the winter ones I need to hurry and get done. A big one is purging my Sunday School files.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Esther... I'll definatly be posting pictures of the house as we go along, thats probably the project I'm most excited about.

    @ Mom Godby... First off can I just say the fact that your comments have "Wally" on them threw me off! :) I would love a file cabinet and don't mind waiting until June but don't put yourself through too much trouble for it.

    Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete