Ok, I know its not Thursday but I believe that we should be thankful all the time.
I Chronicles 16:8 Give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth forever.
I Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
To make a longing a story short my Dad thinks my car threw a rod. Now for all the ladies out there who, like me, don’t know what that means, it costs a lot to get it fixed! Anyways I’ll be honest and say that I’ve been a little bummed about it, not knowing what to do, should I try to get it fixed or put the money into a buying a different car? If I go for a different car, how much can I afford to spend? You know how it goes, a million and one questions are going through my mind.
The thankful part: I was reading some of the blogs I’m following this morning and came across Mrs. Lockhart’s blog A Home is a House Full of Love and read Monday's Manna. She did a little piece about following God’s leading. It just got me thinking about these verses in Psalms:
Psalms 139:1-10,14 –
1. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5. Thou has beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8. If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10. Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
14. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
I’m so glad that I am a Christian and that my Heavenly Father doesn’t forget about me, He knows where I am, He knows my problems, and verse 10 says that his hand will lead me and his right hand will hold me.