Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Music

Music has always been a great comfort to me and I’m always amazed how God brings to mind verses and songs that convict, encourage and heal my soul right when they are needed most. I’ve had a couple different songs that have been taking turns being stuck in my head but one of them in particular went almost hand in hand with Kenny’s message to the teenagers last night.

Kenny did a a two part message about serving the Lord. This week he asked, "Who are we?" In 1 Cor. 4:1 – It says we are ministers of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. The basic idea here was that since Christ purchased my freedom from the slave market of sin I now have the choice to continue in sin, which would displease my Savior, or to follow and serve Christ with my life. Also, as a Christian I am to be a "steward of the mysteries of God," meaning that once I learn something in scripture(the mysteries of God) I am responsible for it, I’m to obey it and I’m supposed to share it with others.

Now for the song, its actually a little chorus in the Wild’s  book called: All I Ever Want To Be. Here is how it goes:

All I ever want to be is what You want of me, Lord;

I give my life to You.

And all my hopes and dreams and plans I place with-in Your hands, Lord,

and give my life to You.

Here am I, Lord, use me;

take my life and mold me.

All I ever want to be is what You want of me, Lord;

I give my life to You.

And all my hopes and dreams and plans I place with-in Your hands, Lord,

and give my life to You.

I learned this song from a girl I went to Africa with and it has really stuck with me ever since. It reminds me a lot of a professor I had at Ambassador, Dr. Childs, he always said live life with your hands open, palms up, for God to take away what you don’t need and fill with something better. How much happier would I be if I place my "hopes and dreams and plans" into the hands of the One "who holds tomorrow."

…sorry about all the song lyrics throughout this post, its the music in me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment