Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday – Our Nation’s Independence

I know I’m a couple days behind but this really is something I am truly thankful for. I’ve mentioned in an earlier post about my trip to Africa and how thankful I was for the little things like Toilet paper. We have so much in this Nation that makes us “rich” in the eyes of those around us. Is our country perfect? No. I’m I 100% pleased with the direction our country is headed? No, but I can say that there is no other place I’d rather live! :)

Now for a brighter note :) here are some pictures of our 4th of July celebrations. We went to Watauga Lake with our Pastor and his family and Craig – now that I think about it, I don’t think I ever got a picture of Craig :S maybe next year.

DSC00476 DSC00496 DSC00497 DSC00498 I did get his picture! Well the back of his head… but its a picture! DSC00500 Brock and Kenny tried to be “Ninja” and stand up on the raft…

DSC00501 …It didn’t last long!

We also went to see fireworks but I didn’t take any pictures… Sorry :S I hope you all had a good 4th of July and that you remembered the reason we celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment