We’ve had an interesting week to say the least so I’m blogging and adding another baby step about every other day :S Sorry :S Now that things seem to be calming down a little bit I’ll try my best to do better. So far we are:
- Read Your Bible
- Get up and get dressed to lace-up shoes; fixing your hair and face
- Look at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom
- Go to the FlyLady BigTent group and read messages
- Recognize the negative voices and change them. Remember, you are FLYing now!
- Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes
- Five-minute Room Rescue (pick any room in the house). Set your timer and go!
- Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!
- Keep your sink shining
- Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
- Put out your Hot Spot. It will make you happy in the morning!
Day 12 – Keep on keepin’ on
Today we’re just going to be continuing to do the things you’ve already been doing. Keep your sticky notes up to remind you to get dressed to shoes and shine your sink. Also, keep adding to your “Inspiration” page as you think of things.
(These next statements are my own personal thoughts and views and not affiliated with Flylady.net)
Today we’re going to “Keep on keepin’ on” in our Christian walk with God too. Keep reading your Bible, keep praying and handing God the struggles and problems your facing, Keep going to church and learning about the God who loved you so much He sent His Son to die for your sins. Some days these things are easier said than done but don’t quit because these simple things are going to be the most beneficial to your life (even more than cleaning and organizing your house, but don’t tell Flylady I said that!)
I learned a song in my freshman year of college that has helped me keep going. It is called “Don’t Quit” and it was written by Doug Lowery the chorus goes like this;
Don’t quit, there’s a job to be done.
Don’t quit, there’s a race to be run.
Don’t quit, there’s a crown to be won.
Don’t quit, weary Christian, don’t quit.
Don’t give up in your walk with God, the best is yet to come!