Friday, November 9, 2012

Pinterest Projects

 

One of the first things I found on Pinterest that has (almost) changed my life ;) was this pin:

 

How to Fold a Fitted Sheet

I absolutely despise folding fitted sheets especially when watching my mom do it and make it look so easy and the sheet is perfectly folded without any wrinkles, blah, blah, blah. This little pin has helped out a lot! I still don’t like folding fitted sheets and they still don’t look as nice as this picture (she must have ironed that sheet) but it has helped.

I really want to try this one next. :)

 

 

 

 

Add baking soda to the water when you hard boil eggs. It raises the pH of the water and makes them easier to peel by reducing the albumen's ability to stick to the shell.  Nice tip!

This next one we tried at my job. Peeling boiled eggs.

 

In this pin you learn that adding baking soda to the water while boiling eggs will help you peel the shells off easier. This was a success the first time we tried it and a major fail the second time :/ of course it probably didn’t help that the second time we did this we were boiling over 50 eggs and the first time only a couple so I think I just didn’t add enough baking soda to the water for the amount of eggs. Still, this is definitely worth doing again!

 

 

 

From my “Hair, Skin and Nails…: board I have tried this:

 

 

How to Apply Liquid Foundation.

I know you guys all think that because I went to Cosmetology school that means I know all the tips and tricks… WRONG! Wish I did. Now I don’t follow these directions to a “T” I use them more as guidelines for getting the non-pancake face, pretty, even coverage, foundation application. This guys article gives very clear instructions with picture guides like the one I’ve copied here. If you wear Liquid foundation this would be my “go-to” guide to get started.

 

 

 

Beauty Club Getting rid of Blackheads with fine salt and soda. Take gel facial wash, mix with tablespoon of baking soda and tablespoon of salt. Apply to damp skin with cotton pad, leave for 5 mins.

This next one I tried and did not like. Recipe for Removing Blackheads

The recipe was in the title section under the picture; this is how it went.

“Beauty Club Getting rid of Blackheads with fine salt and soda. Take gel facial wash, mix with tablespoon of baking soda and tablespoon of salt. Apply to damp skin with cotton pad, leave for 5 mins.”

I personally didn’t like it 1. because it burned really bad – but I also have sensitive skin so that may have been my problem – and 2 because I could not tell a difference after using it. If you decide to try it let me know how it worked for you, like I said it may have just been me :/

 

 

I’ve done some other things but you’ll just have to come back to check those out!

Have you tried any of these? Will you? let me know what you think

Bex

1 comment:

  1. I like the fitted sheet idea. I'm going to give that a try. The second sheet folding idea is a bit much for me. But if you tuck your folded fitted sheet and pillowcaes inside the folded flat sheet, it goes nicely on the shelf with the folds out. Not a good description, but I'll show you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete