Thursday, November 8, 2012

Special Blessing

I wanted to share this real quick. I ran across a blog called “The Better Mom” while I was looking at things on Pinterest that I’ve done to show you (tomorrow). Anyways, I decided to follow it for a while to check it out and see if it was something I’d be interested in staying with – my disclaimer – I have not read all the content on this blog, and therefore by sharing this one post I read I am not necessarily endorsing or recommending this blog as a “Good Read” quite yet. – disclaimer finished! :) whew now on to what I wanted to share.

Some of you know that Kenny and I have had a rough couple of weeks. Its been an emotional time of testing and uncertainty for both of us and I would ask your prayers on our behalf as we have some big decisions to make in the coming weeks. (If you do not already know our situation I would like to politely request that you not ask questions but rather keep us in your prayers knowing that God knows what we need. Thank you in advance.) As I was saying before, I ran across this blog and read one of the posts for today. if you would like to read the whole thing you can follow this link. It was a very good, and to the point post that was worth reading.

The writer of the post was quoting a paragraph from a book she was reading called “Dancing With My Father” by Sally Clarkson (Again, I have not read this book myself but merely received a piece of comfort from this excerpt).

To dance in the midst of terrible suffering is to resolve, “I will not be a victim. I will not allow this situation to determine the response of my heart, because I have this life, this chance to trust God, to show his reality through my circumstances. I resolve to remain strong and faithful because of the loving God who holds my hand.” ~Sally Clarkson, Dancing With my Father

That thought “I resolve to remain strong and faithful because of the loving God who holds my hand.” it makes me continually think “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” – Hebrews 13:5. God has not left us to go through this trial alone, He’s been there all the time and will continue to be here, with us.

The other encouragement from this; my role in the situation at hand and the ones that will come in the future is to resolve “…not to be a victim. I will not allow this situation to determine the response of my heart, because I have… this chance to trust God.”

Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment