Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Kenny’s Salvation Testimony

I wanted to share a little more about Kenny and I here on the blog and a major part of what makes us who we are is the fact that we are both Christians. I asked Kenny to write out his personal, salvation testimony for me to post on here, so this is Kenny, my guest blogger for today!DSC01038

P9030536

imagew22

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I was Born and raised in a Christian home.  At the age of seven, me and my family rode bicycles to a fourth of July fireworks celebration.  on the return trip, late at night and after dark, I began to get frightened at all the noises I heard and things I saw.  I spoke with my mother when we got home, because I was scared about where I would be if I died.  During the invitation the following Sunday I went with my mom and talked with my SS teacher about how I could receive Christ.  It was on that day that I knew I was a sinner and if I would have passed into eternity that I would have spent it apart from Jesus Christ.  So that day, in child-like faith, I put my faith in Christ.  I believed that He came to earth to die for me, was buried and rose again on the third day. The best way I knew how I asked Jesus to come into my heart, to forgive me of my sin and to save my soul.  Rom. 10:9-13

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Through the years, mostly because of my age, I have doubted whether I was truly saved.  The one thing that really confirmed in my mind that I have received Christ is an event that happened to me at the age of 16.  On that day I was going out with my dad to help him finish a roof and I fell asleep at the wheel and rolled the truck.  No one was hurt at all and that in itself is a miracle.  Needless to say something like that makes a person think and I thought of how close I came to dying that day.  I know that God has a special plan for my life or I would not be here today.  But I knew that day that if I had died that I would be in heaven right now.  I would just ask if our places were switched and you had died in that accident would you be able to say the same thing.”

So what about Kenny’s question? Would you know where you were going to spend eternity? If your answer to these questions is no, you don’t know where your going or maybe you just not sure, please feel free to contact me. I would love to show you how you can be 100% sure that your going to Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I know these stories, it's great to be reminded! Love the new blog design, too!

    ReplyDelete