Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baby Steps: Cleaning My Heart and Home – Day 6

Well, yesterday became so hectic that I missed a day :S But that’s alright because the great thing about the Baby steps is when you fall you get back up and keep going. So here is what we are already doing:

  • Reading our Bible
  • Getting dressed to lace-up shoes
  • Keeping our sink shining
  • Reading messages from Flylady
  • Looking at our posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom
  • Recognizing the negative voices when you hear them and changing the words around

    Day 6 – Hot Spots

    Flylady's Day 6 instructions

    Hot Spots are the convenient places where we drop things. We set the mail here or our keys or the tape or anything else we intend to use later or put away. My Hot Spots (I have several) are the Dining room and the Kitchen tables, the bar and the coffee table in the living room. I thought about taking a “before” picture of them but I’m a little embarrassed to :S I’m sure you’ll understand. Today’s baby step says for us to set the timer for 2 minutes and clean off those Hot Spots. Stop when the timer goes off after 2 minutes even if your not done. This is something we’ll eventually be doing 2x’s a day to help keep those places clutter free!

  • (These next statements are my personal opinions and views and are not affiliated with Flylady.net)

    Are there “hot spots” in your life? Places where the worlds clutter have taken over? Kenny and I have been doing some purging lately of the different things we own. In January we took down our Christmas tree and I decided I wanted to rearrange the living room… again :) –its a woman’s prerogative isn’t it?- As we were doing so we decided to go through our movie collection and pare down a little. That was probably one of the best things we’ve done yet. As we were paring down a little purging went on as well. We decided that if the movie wasn’t fit to watch with our teenagers then it had to go! I’m not telling you all this to say “Oh look at me!” this has been a long process of growing for both Kenny and I and its proof of God’s conviction in our lives.  We’ve decided that if God speaks to one of us about something we need to get out of our lives then we’ll support each other and do it. If there is something that will hinder our ministry or keep us from a relationship with the Lord then it has no room in our home. I’m not sure about Kenny but this has been really hard for me because I like to hang on to things and I find it hard to throw away stuff, but at the same time I know we’re doing right because there is no regret when we do get rid of something that is slowing us down.

    So now how about you? Are there hot spots in your life? Clutter that moved in and taken over? Take some time to thing about what is holding you back from living a spiritually clean life and ask the Lord to give you what you need to clear that stuff out of the way. I promise you won’t regret it or even miss the mess!

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment