Saturday, February 18, 2012

Baby Steps: Cleaning My Heart and Home – Day 10

Morning Routine
  • Read your Bible
  • Get up and get dressed to lace-up shoes; fixing your hair and face
  • Look at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom
  • Go to the FlyLady BigTent group and read messages
  • Recognize the negative voices and change them. Remember, you are FLYing now!
  • Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes
  • Five-minute Room Rescue (pick any room in the house). Set your timer and go!
Before-Bed Routine
  • Keep your sink shining
  • Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
  • Put out your Hot Spot. It will make you happy in the morning!

 

Today I’ll be introducing the “Flylady motto” which is: “You can do anything for 15 minutes.” You can sweep, vacuum, mop, declutter, organize, or whatever for 15 minutes. This does not mean that you’ll get everything done in that 15 minutes, its not a race against the timer its just a set amount of time given to perform a task and then stopping when the timer goes off. Today your supposed to set your timer for 15 minutes and go gather up all of the trash. When your finished with that set the timer for another 15 minutes and just sit down and relax!

(These next statements are my personal opinion and are not affiliated with Flylady.net)

Its a really neat idea “You can do anything for 15 minutes” and very true. You can do anything for 15 minutes. Here recently there have been many needs, problems, issues, whatever you want to call them but they each have been heavy on my mind. When I read today’s Baby Step I knew that I really can do anything for 15 minutes that includes prayer! It seems to me that God is trying His best to grow my faith because almost every day something comes up that I can’t handle, its too big or too much for me. But one major comfort I have is that I have a God that is bigger and stronger than anything I could ever face!

There are many times that people ask me to pray about something for/with them and probably 9 out of 10 times I walk away from the conversation with all the best intentions of adding that request to my prayer list and diligently pray for that circumstance only to forget all about it. My Mom-in-law just wrote an excellent post on her blog Apple Slices of our Life about intercessory prayer and something she learned at a BSF Leaders retreat she just attended called A-B-C Checklist. I really hope you’ll go over and read it, it was a real blessing and a help to me personally in this area.

Something I’d like to add to my personal daily routine is to spend some time (maybe 15 minutes?) in a concentrated prayer effort. Our Heavenly Father wants us to bring our problems, no matter how great or small, to Him and leave our worries at His feet for Him to take care of for us. I want to encourage each of you to consider spending some extra time in prayer this week – remember you can do anything for 15 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. This is one thing that I found to be so important in housecleaning, organizing, purging, etc. Its easy to put things off because, the oven timer will go off in a few minutes anyway, so why start? or, I have to leave in just a bit, there is no sense starting anything now. But really, there is so much you can do in a short amount of time! Sweeping the floor and wiping down the counters makes a WORLD of difference, and only takes moments. When I remember this tip, more things get done. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete