Friday, March 1, 2013

Little Projects

I told you in my last post that I had some ideas {mostly from Pinterest} whirling around in my head for our house and now I’ve done some of them and couldn’t wait to share! In fact I’m at a loss as to how to go about sharing them because I’ve done several… should I string you along for several weeks? …should I give them all to you at one time? … how about showing you the before pictures now and giving you the finished product later?  I just can’t decide! So until I do your just going to have to be happy with some of the small projects we have accomplished!

DSC01936This was a fun little project I did in under an hour. I saw a picture of an old Coco Chanel perfume bottle used as a bud vase. Well I finished off this perfume – an old adidas perfume I bought when Kenny and I were dating – popped the top off (with the help of some pliers) washed it out with soap and water a stuck these babies in there. These are just dried flowers from an arrangement that was here at our new home when we arrived. DSC01926 Long story short, this was a “free” project using just the things I had on hand {my personal fave}. Also, I think it looks kind of cute next to my coffee pot. – For the record, after taking this picture I went back and cut the stems shorter so you don’t see them and then did a re-take of the first picture. -

DSC01879

 

 

 

I showed you this picture of our living room and told you that I wanted to put something like “est. 2011” underneath the picture collage. Well… I made a few changes after a trip to Kohl's, during their Presidents Day sale.

I usually stay clear of any kind of shopping when I know they are having crazy sales – I don’t like shopping with a lot of other people running around, personal preference – Any ways we just happened to be there and there was not very many people, win, win! {by the way, I added up our savings, and we saved over $300.00 on all the different things we bought!!!!} While there I found one of those wall decals on sale and bought it with full intent to put it in our bedroom –

 

 

 

 

 

then I had one of those “Ah-ha!” moments and well…

DSC01947

DSC01942

DSC01895

 

 

I even got Kenny to help! I always knew he’d be a good “DIY-er!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Those are all the little projects… at least the ones I can show you without giving away what else I’ve been working on! Hope you’ll come back and see what else we’ve been up to.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I'm tuned in...and I love your wall decal! It came out great!

    ReplyDelete