Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thankful Thursday

This year for Teen Camp we drove 14+ hours north to The Bill Rice Ranch in Murfreesboro, TN. That camp week was a tremendous blessing to my heart this year as we listened to wonderful, Godly music and dynamic Bible preaching from Dr. Alton Beal, Dr. Bill Rice, Tim Thompson and Matt Downs. I’ve said many times that we brought home a completely different youth group than the one we left with, that, in itself, was a major encouragement and blessing to see our kids making decisions to live in light of eternity. I have been enjoying the camp CD and playing through the choir books that we purchased ever since. One song really ministered to my heart this morning as I was just struggling (do you ever do that? have a day that is just a struggle?) I think the name of this song is “You Comfort Me” but I’m not 100% sure. What I’m sharing here is the second verse and chorus. Enjoy!

“Daily gleaning from Your Word,

Seeking truth today.

Knowing that in every trial

You will lead the way.

Teach me Lord to trust in You,

You will faithful be

Trusting that You’ll light my way

You will comfort me.

 

You are the God of all comfort,

You are the one I can talk to.

You are the Healer of wounded hearts,

Searching the hidden parts.

"You are the giver of all things,

You are the reason that I sing.

You’re my everything,

You comfort me.”

 

~Bex

1 comment:

  1. This was encouraging...I had a nice day today but came home to some "struggling". The truths behind the words are helping to settle some of that!

    ReplyDelete